Thursday, March 26, 2009

The TWISTS and TURNS of LIFE


Have you ever just sat back and wondered "what in the world am I doing with this life God gave me." Well I have. In 6 weeks and 4 days on May 11th, I will turn 21. This is the age where legally you are considered an adult. Do I feel like an adult, HECK NO!!! I think about the past 20 years and point out things that I wish I could go back and change. Then I ponder what will the next 20 years be like. I would like to think that I would have no regrets but who am I kidding...they will occur. Have I pleased God with this life He has given me? Probably not. There has to be some reason I am here. What is it? When will I find out?

I often say I wish God had text messaging and could just let me know what I am supposed to be doing. I have no clue. We only get 1 life and I want to make it count for something. I want so many things: money, a hott wife, nice cars, and a crazy huge house. Now I know this will probably never happen and I will probably be just another run-of-the-mill white guy. I want to leave a legacy...I want people to know who I am...but most importantly, I want God to be pleased with the choices I will have made when I see Him face to face.

Im about to be an adult...its time I start thinking and acting like one. This is my life and I need to hand over the reigns because I am nothing without God. He is my pilot and He can drive this puppy a lot better than I can. Hopefully, the regrets will be few and far between, and when it comes to a close, I hope my life will have impacted the world around me!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Chrissy. I ponder the exact same things all the time. I have such a desire to serve Him, and yet..I feel like such a failure! We are here for a purpose. Our one purpose is to bring Glory to His name. Just so you know...You have made an impact on my life. You are a natural leader, Chris. People watch you, and they follow you. Point them to the cross. Not many people can say they've had the same best friend for 18 years. God has blessed us. You know I love you!

    ReplyDelete